Climate Conscious Creativity
June - August 2022
Our first student exhibition highlights creative responses to the climate and ecological emergency through different materials, disciplines and areas of practice.
With a focus on topics ranging from carbon emissions and solutions to the climate crisis to critiques of systemic issues affecting our environment, this exhibition demonstrates new ways of proposing alternative futures while making a positive impact.
- Steven Leung (Yibao Liang) A Fable of the Planet Steven Leung is a service designer and innovator majoring in MA Design for Social Innovation and Sustainable Futures.
- Ryan Blackwell GLOMAR
- Mat Denney Tell-Tale Atom Heart Mat is a multidisciplinary artist concerned with the uncanniness of materials and machines, affective spaces, and the invisible.
- Mathias Arrignon Oceanomicon Mathias Arrignon is an alumni from MA Sound Arts at London College of Communication, he is refining his versatile use of sounds to infuse a more empathetic listening to our world.
- Lucille Hein Fon2Future Lucille is an interdisciplinary UX and media designer, focusing on concept development, prototyping and design research.
- Jessica Mumby-Price Pastures New Jessica is a multidisciplinary creative who is interested in how design can have a positive impact on people and the planet.
- Charlotte Greenwood BLEACHED Charlotte Greenwood is an environmentally concerned experimental photographer based in London.
- Kerong Fan Operation Oasis We are a team of 6 undergraduate students, passionate about environmental protection. The team is comprised of 1 game designer, 2 game artists and 3 game programmers.
- Kanishka Gupta The Price We Pay Kanishka Gupta is a graphic designer and artist based in London and Mumbai, and is currently studying Art Direction at the University of the Arts London.
- Rebeca Binda 5 Minutes Rebeca is a Brazilian documentary photographer and independent researcher whose practice investigates the relationship between socio-environmental justice, ecocide and legacies of colonisation.
- Noemí Rodrigo Sabio Montes Negros’ Eden Noemí is a photographer whose work focuses on environmental issues.
- Xiaolu Zheng Climate Collapse Xiaolu is a graphic designer currently based in London. Previously raised in Milan Italy and born in China.
This will switch the site between ‘mostly white’ to ‘mostly black’. Turning this on reduces energy consumption.
All images will appear as low res bitmaps by default to help reduce energy consumption during your visit. Switch this off to view images in hi-res.